It can be very frustrating deciding that you are going to buy something to then find yourself overwhelmed by the options on where to buy it from. If this is you and you are asking where to buy gold bars in the UK, then we hope this guide will answer some of your questions.
Choosing to buy gold bars is an important step in your portfolio management. Who and where you buy your gold bar from will not only determine the gold you buy today but also how you manage your investment going forward.
Across the outlets that sell gold there are a number of factors to look at:
- Range of gold bars and products offered - some outlets only offer a small range of gold bars which can be restrictive to those with a specific requirement and budget, for their portfolio.
- Premiums charged - The premium is the amount charged on top of the price of gold. It is the cost of sourcing, managing and marketing the gold bar. You will find that premiums are relatively higher on small gold bars, than the large ones.
- Additional charges - Some outlets charge money in addition to the price of the gold bar and the premium. It might be delivery fees, insurance or even ‘handling’ costs.
- Storage options - Once you have decided to buy gold bars in the UK you must then decide what you will do with them. Will you keep them at home or will you keep them within a secure storage facility, as provided by your gold provider?
- Buy-back options - whilst we believe that you should always hold gold bars as part of a balanced portfolio we do also realise that there will be times when you may want to reduce your exposure to the precious metal, or realise some gains you’ve made. When this is the case you need to be able to easily access a platform that will buy back your gold, with little hassle and low expense.
- Reputation - a hard one to decide objectively but we do believe a lot can be decided based on online reviews, customer testimonies and good old word of mouth. Here at GoldCore we have sold gold bars in over 130 countries, so you’ll be sure to find one of our many happy customer reviews!
Where can I buy gold bars?
Now that you know what factors to look out for when deciding where to buy gold bars, you can easily decide which form of seller you will use.
- Royal Mint - Whilst highly respected the Royal Mint will only sell bars that it has minted itself. This can be limiting for those looking for a range of bars or have a set budget to work with. Here at GoldCore we are proud to be able to offer a range of gold bars, as well as our Perth Mint Certificate Program and gold coins. The Royal Mint also does not offer the option for clients to sell their gold back to it, even if it has been minted by and bought directly.
- The Post Office - The Post Office is a merchant for the Royal Mint, as they only sell their bars. The choice here is extremely limited and is very often beautifully packaged as it targets the gift market. This means premiums are very high relative to the value of the gold that is being purchased. Again, there is no buyback option.
Read more about how to buy gold from the post office.
- The high street - The gold and silver shop next door to your local Post Office might also not be the best place to buy gold bars. Whilst it is nice to be able to hold an item before you purchase it (and to be able to take it home that day) this does not mean that it is worth forsaking low premiums and professional storage solutions, none of which a high street shop can offer. This is in contrast to dedicated Gold Bullion dealers. We are proud to offer low premiums and our secure storage facilities, across a number of safe jurisdictions.
- Online marketplaces - Of the six factors listed above, there is only one that online marketplaces might be able to tick off and that is the range of gold bars available to the customer. This is because anyone can sell gold bars on these marketplaces, so the options are vast. It is extremely risky to execute your investment in this way as there is little way to verify what you are buying and it will be near-impossible to sell your gold bar at a later date.
- Dedicated gold bullion dealers - This is where we hang our hats. We are one of the leading gold bullion dealers. Over 14,400 people have placed their trust in us when it comes to buying gold bars. This is because we offer a complete service that is secure, simple, and personal. Our range of gold bars suits a number of investment profiles, our premiums are competitively low with no hidden fees and we offer a buy-back scheme. Many of our clients also choose to keep their gold bars in our vaults which are located in a number of safe jurisdictions across the world.
Also read: Where to buy Gold Coins?
Where can I buy 1kg gold bars?
We offer a range of gold bars, including the popular 1kg gold bar. Please see below for more information on our range of gold bars.
- Our 1 oz gold bullion bars are 99.5% pure gold and each one weighs exactly 1 troy ounce.
- The 250 gram gold bars of minimum 99.5% purity is not only a great investment choice but it is easy to store and transport.
- The 10 oz investment grade bullion bar weighs exactly 10 troy ounces (311.034768 grams) and is sold at slightly lower premiums than 1 ounce gold bars or coins.
- The 500 gram Gold Bars are a great option for those wanting to purchase gold bars at lower premiums.
- Ever popular amongst high-net-worths, the 1 kg gold bullion bars are between 99.5% and 99.9% purity.
Also read: How much is a Gold bar worth?
Buy Gold Bars in the UK with GoldCore
GoldCore has been within the precious metals business for almost two decades. We serve thousands of customers worldwide and have one of the most advanced and secure online trading platforms. Our website is easy to navigate and extremely convenient, allowing you to browse our selection of gold bars while keeping an eye on the gold spot price via our on-page live feed.
GoldCore also offers high-security storage options to put clients minds at ease, knowing their gold is safe. We also offer buy-back services, which makes selling when you're ready easier than ever.
To get started with GoldCore, simply click on the “open account” tab at the top of our website and fill in the necessary information.
Once you have done that, you will need to send in two sets of documents: one to prove your identity and another that will be proof of residence. After providing the documents, all that's left to do is add funds to your account, and you’re ready to start trading.
We have made the process of buying gold bars with GoldCore safe and straightforward. But we do understand that investing in gold bullion can be intimidating when you first start. We want to put your mind at ease and assist you in any way we can, which is why we offer free strategy calls to help you through the process. To book a free strategy call, simply call any of the following numbers: UK +44203 0869200, Ireland +(01) 653 3426, US +1 888 381 8130. Our team is always on hand to help answer any questions or concerns you may have.
Find out more about gold bars in our blog “What are Gold Bars?”