|Weight:||Spot Price:||Buy Price:|
|1.00 oz||£ 1,502.30||£ 1,599.94|
American Eagle Gold Coins 1 Oz
Buy Gold American Eagles
An American Gold Eagle coin is a 1 oz gold bullion coin produced by The United States Mint.
The Gold American Eagle is the official, legal tender gold bullion coin of the United States. American Eagle gold coins and monster boxes of American Gold Eagles are some of the most popular gold bullion coins in the world.
GoldCore have been offering gold bullion coins including Gold Eagles for sale to British gold buyers since our inception in 2003.
What are the Benefits of the American Eagle Gold Coins?
- Gold Eagles contain 1 troy ounce (1oz) of gold
- U.S. Mint is one of the leading mints in the world
- Legal tender coin backed by the U.S. government
- VAT free in the UK
- Competitive pricing and premiums
- Portable, internationally liquid form of financial insurance
How to Buy Gold American Eagles?
To Buy Gold Eagles is an easy and simple process. You can buy them online for Delivery or Storage using the BUY button or you can call our office to place your order over the phone.
We sell American Eagle gold coins and all major bullion bar and coin products and you can pay by bank wire, credit card or debit card.
We make a market in Gold Eagles and offer fully insured delivery to our British clients throughout the UK - in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland - from our depository partner vaults in Delaware.
Insured delivery of American Gold Eagles, including monster boxes, to homes or offices, is also popular and many clients do both - take delivery of some Eagles and own the rest in Secure Storage.
Many of our UK clients opt to store their Eagle coins in fully insured, offshore Secure Storage jurisdictions. We specialise in offering British clients access to allocated and segregated bullion storage in secure non-bank vault partners in safer jurisdictions in the world such as Zurich, Hong Kong, Singapore, and London.
What is the price of an American Eagle Gold Coin?
The price of 1 Oz American Gold Eagle is shown in the upper right section of this page. The price of a 1 oz American Gold Eagle is calculated using three components:
- The gold spot price is the price of an ounce of pure gold available for immediate delivery or delivery ‘on the spot’. It is typically determined by the best bid and offer for gold as offered by large bullion banks trading in real-time throughout the world and quoted by data providers such as Thomson Reuters and Bloomberg.
- Weight and purity of gold. American Eagle Gold Coin have a purity of 0.9167 (fineness), however, the coins total weight is 1.0909 ozs so there is exactly 1 troy ounce of pure gold in each American Eagle Gold coin. They are produced by The United States Mint and each Eagle’s metal content, purity, and weight is guaranteed by the U.S. government.
- The gold price premium is the percentage adjustment that is added or deducted from the gold spot price depending on whether a gold buyer is buying (added) or selling (deducted). The gold premium of Gold Eagles are determined by the costs of production, refining, fabrication, minting and the logistics of making the gold coins available for sale in the U.S. The price of a Gold Eagle is also impacted by supply and demand and the amount of gold being bought.
In order to determine the price of a Gold Eagle, simply multiply the spot price of gold by the number of gold troy ounce in the coin (1 ounce) and then add or subtract the current premium for the coin or coins. GoldCore’s premiums on Eagles are competitive at between 3.5% and 5%.
The value of a Gold Eagle is that they are a competitively priced, highly popular and an internationally liquid portable store of value, and vital form of financial insurance. They are one of the best ways for gold buyers and investors to own physical gold. They act as a hedge and protect British gold buyers from domestic and international financial and monetary risks.
|£ 1 - £ 81,999||£ 1,599.95||6.50%|
|£ 82,000 - £ 202,999||£ 1,596.69||6.28%|
|£ 203,000 - £ 405,999||£ 1,594.52||6.14%|
|£ 406,000 - £ 811,999||£ 1,592.35||5.99%|
|£ 812,000 +||£ 1,589.10||5.78%|
How Much Gold is in an American Gold Eagle Coin?
Gold Eagles are 22 karat gold coin, with a fineness of 0.9167 (91.67%) or 22/ 24 pure gold. The is alloyed with copper (5.33%) and silver (3%) to produce a wear-resistant coin.
The fineness of each coin is 91.67% and the actual weight of each coin is slightly larger to account for the non-gold metal it contains. With exactly 1 troy ounce of fine gold, or 31.103 grams, the gross weight of the coin is slight over a troy ounce at 1.0909 ozs or 33.93 grams.
The History of the American Eagle Gold Coins
American Eagle Gold Coin was first minted by The U.S. Mint in 1986 - along with the American Silver Eagle coins - specifically as investment gold bullion coins. Authorized by Congress, American Eagle gold, silver and platinum bullion coins provide British investors with a convenient and cost effective way to add physical, investment grade, precious metals to their investment portfolios.
The gold coins are beautiful and the obverse features ‘Liberty’ as designed by Augustus Saint-Gaudens. This design first appeared on the U.S. $20 ‘Saint Gauden’ double’ eagle gold piece from 1907 to 1933.
The reverse features an American eagle carrying an olive branch flying over an eagle’s nest containing baby eagles and an eagle parent.
American Gold Bullion Coins Produced in The West Point Mint
Gold Eagle coins are produced at The West Point Mint in New York, and have a ‘W’ mark underneath the date. It is produced in four sizes: 1 ounce, ½ ounce, ¼ ounce, and 1/10 ounce. All four sizes are identical in design with the exception of markings indicating the size and face value of the American Eagle Gold Coin. You can purchase American Eagle Gold Bullion Coins (1oz) and monster boxes of American Eagles from GoldCore.
For example, the one troy ounce coin contains one troy ounce of gold, with a total weight of 1.0909 grams. Because they are produced by The United States Mint, each coin’s metal content, purity, and weight is guaranteed by the U.S. Government.
American Gold Eagles are mass-produced to help retail investors purchase gold bullion with ease and confidence. They are widely traded on the global gold markets and are therefore competitively priced and highly liquid in the UK and internationally.
Why Buy American Gold American Eagles?
Gold Eagles typically command premiums of between 3.5% and 5% with GoldCore who offer some of the most competitive premiums in the UK for both insured delivery throughout the UK and for secure international storage.