Buy Silver Coins VAT Free
We deliver legal tender, collectible silver coins, VAT free, in the the UK and throughout the EU. By importing the collectible, legal tender silver coins from fellow member EU states no VAT or sales tax is applicable.
Since 2003, GoldCore have helped investors buy silver coins and we specialise in making a market in silver coins to private individuals, companies, financial advisors and institutional investors. We deal in all precious metals (gold, silver, platinum and palladium) on a daily basis, including buying, selling, insuring, storing and delivery.
We help our customers to protect and grow their wealth through the sale of VAT free coins within the EU. We purchase large quantities directly from refineries and mints who we have long standing relationships with. As we deal in large volumes, we provide the most competitive prices.
Legal tender silver bullion coins – like Silver Nuggets or Kangaroos, Eagles, Maples, Philharmonics and Britannias (also CGT free) are great forms of insurance against currency devaluations and economic collapse. They also make very nice gifts for loved ones and are a great way to pass on wealth to the next generation.
Purchasing Silver Bars
Unlike investment grade gold, investment grade silver bars are not VAT free within the European Union. Therefore GoldCore does not deliver investment silver bars in the UK or in any of the countries of the European Union. This is to save our clients facing the VAT consequences that would be incurred by taking personal delivery of the bars in the UK.
However, with GoldCore, you can purchase investment silver bars in a variety of product formats and then store it outside the UK and EU in Switzerland or one of the international vaults that GoldCore offers through GoldCore Secure Storage.
We offer all popular refinery and mint silver bars and all popular sizes – from one ounce bars, to 100 ounce bars up to the 1000 ounce industry standard, “good delivery” silver bars.
Silver in your Storage Account
GoldCore Secure Storage enables UK clients who do not wish to take personal possession of their silver to store it in GoldCore’s secure vaults in the safest jurisdictions in the world. GoldCore utilises the precious metals storage facilities of industry leading suppliers Loomis International and Brink’s.
Precious metals held by GoldCore on behalf of GoldCore clients remain the property of the client, we simply act as your custodian under a bailment system.
Clients who wish to visit the vault where their silver is being stored are welcome to do so, by prior arrangement and in the company of a GoldCore representative. Clients who wish to pick-up their silver from where it is being held are free to do so.
It is important to be aware that you do not have to buy bullion from Goldcore to avail of our secure precious metals storage facilities. Existing owners of bullion can simply transfer their bullion from private possession or existing storage to the ultra safe GoldCore Secure Storage.
- Research the silver market, the recent and long term price ranges, the history of silver as money and a safe haven. Also research your purchase and the preferred product format, coins or bars or a combination of the two. It is important that you familiarise yourself with the various options involved and to do due diligence on the potential companies that you are considering buying from.
- For purchases through GoldCore, go to www.GoldCore.com, create your own secure online account with your own highly secure login and password, and then after following the account funding steps. You can then buy silver bullion coins and bars for home delivery.
- Alternatively, call GoldCore’s Bullion Services Team for advice and a quotation.
- When you are happy to proceed, simply transfer the required funds to your GoldCore British pound or multi currency account. You will receive an acknowledgement and receipt from us, stating that we have received your funds. Thereafter, you can make your online purchase. If you are not transacting online, then one of our bullion services team will call you to discuss your order and ensure that you are happy to proceed to the order stage of your quote.
- Funds lodged into your GoldCore account remain yours until you agree to proceed to the purchase stage. Up until the purchase transaction is executed, your funds remain in a segregated client funds account and you can have your funds returned to you.
Perth Mint – Pool Allocated Silver Certificates
The Perth Mint Certificate Program (PMCP) offers UK investors a unique range of precious metal storage facilities on internationally competitive terms.
The Perth Mint’s Pool Allocated Silver Certificate Program is 100% backed by specific bars of silver held in Perth Mint’s vaults. A list detailing the weights and serial numbers of these silver bars is published daily on the Perth Mint corporate website along with the total number of pooled bars held on behalf of clients. All silver bars listed as pool allocated meet LBMA good delivery standards and consist of 1000 ounce bars with 999 fineness.
The storage cost for pool allocated silver is 0.95% per annum. Customers pay the quoted silver value and initial storage fee at the time of purchase and then ongoing storage fees are charged.
Perth Mint pooled silver is fully insured and the insurance is underwritten by specialist insurers.
Silver for Corporates
Companies in the UK can avail of GoldCore’s complete suite of products to purchase silver coin and bars and store the coins and bars in GoldCore partner vaults at our secure international storage locations.
Alternatively, you can invest in silver through the Perth Mint Certificate Programme.
The application process is simple. Please contact the Bullion Services Team to discuss your options – 0203 086 9200.
Adding Silver to a Self-Administered Pension Plan
HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) have not made investment silver an eligible investment for UK self-directed pension schemes and so investment silver does not qualify for tax concessions in the way that investment gold does.